Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Hearts

Making cookies for Valentines Day.
I enjoy making and decorating cut out cookies for the holidays.





Only hearts for this batch of cookies!
Valentines Day is almost here!


Cooling, then the fun begins!


~Ready for family and friends for Valentines Day~ 



White Cutout Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
3 cups flour
2 tbsp milk

Cream the shortening and sugar.  Add well beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla, beat together.
Sift baking soda and cream of tartar with flour. Add alternately with milk.
Chill dough for about one hour.
Roll to 1/4 inch and cut with cookie cutters.
Lightly grease cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 F for 8-9 minutes
When cool frost and decorate

~Cheryl~

2 comments:

Susan said...

Your cookies are just beautiful! I want to take lessons from you for decorating...when is the class? I usually make valentine cookies for my grands, but this year is so busy getting ready for a show in the UK that I won't get them made, but I've promised Easter cookies for sure. Stay warm, my friend, XOXO

Sarah said...

Your Valentine's Day cookies are truly beautiful! You are an artist with frosting! : )