Monday, July 5, 2010

Quilt Sale & Day with Family

Friday I spent the day with my cousin and my aunt, we had so much fun.   The three of us only get together  about once a year.  I am able to stop in and see my aunt sometimes when visiting my dad.  We went to a quilt sale that another cousin of mine was in.


My cousin, her mom my aunt, and me enjoying the quilts
and each others company.
The old granary that they had their sale in.


It was a great day for the sale, sunny and warm.
Some of the quilts for sale hanging outside.

They looked so pretty hanging out like that.  

This was two of my favorite quilts, I love the pastel colors. 
They were made by my cousin.

A few pictures inside, they had full size quilts
along with wall hangings and lap quilts.



This is my cousin standing next to her favorite quilt 
she had for sale.

This was the first time for my cousin and two friends to have this sale.
They are planning to make this an annual event.

After the sale we went back to my cousins for lunch and some visiting. Had a lot to catch up on, it was such sweet fellowship.

Recipe:
Broccoli, Cauliflower Salad
  • One head broccoli chopped
  • One small head cauliflower chopped
  • 1 cup cashews 
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 pound bacon fried and crumbled
Dressing
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 3 T. vinegar
Mix the ingredients for the dressing together several hours before you plan on putting the salad together.
Get all of the ingredients for the salad ready and store in separate containers about 30 minutes before serving mix everything together.

Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the salad, but it is very good.

















No comments: