Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wrapping/Baking

I love this time of year, with all of the Christmas preparations. Have the house decorated all except the Christmas tree and started my baking yesterday. I have a cookie exchange next Saturday so my dh has volunteered to be my taste tester for a couple of different recipes that I want to try. :o)

Today I wrapped gifts, most of my shopping is done, just have a couple of things to get yet. Nice feeling to have this out of the way, usually I wait until just a few days before Christmas to wrap. I plan on addressing my Christmas cards tonight after supper. I actually got all of my cards made a couple of months ago, a first for me.

Even with all that is going on this time of year, I don't want to forget the true meaning of Christmas. It is only because God sent his son Jesus to us as a babe in a manger that we have a reason to celebrate. When we feel the stress of the season we need to stop and think about the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

Behold, a virgin shall be with child,
and shall bring forth a son,
and they shall call his name
Emmanuel,
which being interpreted is,
God with us.
Matthew 1:23

No comments: