Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Knitting

Years back I tried to do a little knitting, remember doing the basic knit and purl stitch but never new how to get it off the needles. After searching the internet I found a web sight that has videos that show the basics. Was very help full in refreshing my memory on how to do the basic knit and purl stitches. I have been practicing knitting and purling and was able to bind it off. So exciting for me. My dh has had to work nights at his job the last two nights and also again tonight, so what better time to sit and practice.

Have some soft chunky yarn in an almond mix that I want to try and make a scarf for myself. Tonight my plans are to start it, or should I say start over! Tried starting it last night but some how I was ending up with more stitches on the needle than started with, and my needles were to small for the thickness of my yarn. After much practice today I am ready to give it a try again.

Off to make a broccoli ham ring for supper for my daughter and myself, dh does not like broccoli so good night for us girls to feast on this dish ;o) Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Cheryl~
Nice to meet you.
You do not have to add the oil to the fabric softener if you do not wish. It just makes it smell like Downey. You can just pick a hair conditioner you like the smell of for your scent. Try it~I love it!

A Joyful Chaos said...

The broccoli ham ring sounds delicious. Would you mind sharing the recipe.

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Hi Cheryl - I found you through A Joyful Chaos and yes, I'd love it if you share your broccoli ham ring recipe - YUMMM! Hope you're having a good day and it's good to meet you ~ ♥

The imPerfect Housewife said...

P.S. - I'd love to follow your blog - do you have a followers link? Or could you add one through your layout button? Totally up to you ~ ☺