Saturday, October 24, 2009


Scones for my DH

My DH likes Scones, so yesterday made a batch for him. I found this recipe a few years ago and we have liked it the best of the ones that I have tried.

Scones

2c. flour
3T. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. cold butter
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. raisins
Mix together the dry ingredients, cut butter into small pieces and blend into dry ingredients with a pastrey blender. Add the raisins and the butter milk, stir together. Dough is sticky, so I put it onto a lightly floured board and knead for a few times. Shape dough into a round circle on a pizza stone or cookie sheet and flatten to about one inch, cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the dough. Bake at 375 for 23 min.


I was able to get the garden cleaned out for winter, and the carrots dug. yaaaah! We are planning on getting a load of compost to put on the garden as soon as it drys off around here. We have been getting a lot of rain, which makes my garden very wet as we have a lot of clay in our soil. Last week when the grandson's where here they had chopped down a lot of the plants and that was a great help to me.

I am planning on working on some sewing projects this weekend. Was able to finish a fleece throw for one of the grandson's for Christmas and have another one to do. Also have some quilted projects to work on for the holidays. Christmas is getting close, in the grocery store they had out the Egg Nog ( I wait for this to come out every year) so I had to get some, my DD just laughed at me.

Have a great weekend, we will be spending it on projects and in the Lord's House on Sunday.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in they sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

No comments: