Monday, July 21, 2014

Garden Fresh


We are enjoying garden fresh veggies.  Have been eating a lettuce from the garden for a while now, the radishes are done, also have had a couple of small zucchini...the plants are loaded so will soon be over whelmed with them.

So far from the raspberries I have made two batches of freezer jam, freezing some of them today, eating fresh and still have about 4 quarts in the refrigerator. They need to be picked again!  Will be making another batch of jam to use as gifts this Christmas for coworkers.





Had my first picking of the cucumbers yesterday.  They are just getting started, was able to can 2 quarts of dill pickles.



The rest I am saving for eating.  Tonight I cut some up and put them in white vinegar with a little water added and some sugar.


They will be good with the couple of red potatoes that I dug carefully from under a potato plant.


I am sure the garden will be ripening faster now, our temperatures have been on the cool side, but this week we are to reach 90's.  To day we had 95.  The canning and freezing will be getting busy!  It is a blessing to have a garden that provides for us in the summer and plenty to put up for winter.

Enjoy your week.

~Cheryl~

1 comment:

Pam said...

Your garden produce is beautiful. I thought I could smell the cucumbers as they scrolled by. The raspberries are amazing…. I think of all the things I would love to have in abundance around here, it would be berries.

Have a great week.