Monday, July 15, 2013

Sweet Peas Are In Bloom!


This is my first year of growing Sweet Pea Flowers.  They are now one of my new favorite flowers.  I planted them in a barrel on our patio around some geraniums my thought was that they would cascade over the sides of the barrel.  I think they would like to take over the barrel and I have to keep pushing them over the edge.  But I still love them.

I just love all of the different colors.  Next year I will find somewhere else to plant them so they can climb!

When I was a freshman in High School my parents moved to a new farm that had some Wild Rose Bushes, they were so pretty.  When we moved up north the house had a spot with Wild Roses was so happy.  When we moved to this house I transplanted a piece of one of the bushes, this year it is really blooming.  The little buds open up very fast and fall, but the smell is so good.  The bush takes me back to my childhood.





The Scarlet Runner Beans are in blossom, very excited to see how they do.  The red blooms are so pretty.





Has anyone tried to use one of the upside down tomato growers.  Fleet Farm had them on sale this spring for $1.00 so thought I would give it a try.  The one I got you could grow the tomato on the bottom and herbs out the sides.  Mine is not doing well at all, I have been keeping it watered and have even used fertilizer which I normally don't do for my vegetables.  The picture shows the outcome!






We are still enjoying lettuce from the garden, with our cool spring was able to plant later.  Just transplanted some starts in between some tomatoes and peppers where they get a little shade.  This time of year is so fun with the garden starting to produce, so nice having fresh items from the garden.  So far we have had lettuce, radishes, onions, zucchini, and herbs (parsley, basil, dill, thyme, sage)  for cooking with.

We are having some hot and humid weather this week, hoping for a little rain.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork
Psalm 19:1
Enjoy your evening. ~Cheryl~



 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Cheryl
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am loving your blog. Your flowers, trellis, and garden ( several posts earlier) are wonderful, your garden looks good. It is way ahead of mine; I think the drought is hitting so many of us. And grasshoppers have really taken a toll this year. We got a wonderful rain the other night, so that felt like a start.

Your "What to Snack" dessert looks yummy. I am going to give that one a try. My son Eddie would love it.