Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fresh Lettuce Salads

We have been enjoying lettuce salads from the garden.

This is our new favorite.  It is very light and refreshing.


Strawberry Lettuce Salad
~with~
Poppy Seed Dressing

For the salad use whatever lettuce you have.  I had Red Romaine, Baby Romaine, and Buttercrunch.
To your lettuce add sliced strawberries and pecans.
~you could also add blueberries~

Poppy Seed Dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbls. apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbls. poppy seeds

Blend the first 4 ingredients together, add poppy seeds. 
Store in the refrigerator.


Sent an invitation (with fixings for a s'mores) to our grandsons to come and spend the night on Friday.  We will have pizza on Friday, chicken and dumplings on Saturday.  

We are enjoying cooler weather for a couple of days!

~Cheryl~


2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Oh so cute~ I love the smores bags!

I am catching up with your blog tonight~ so enjoyed my visit!

Gina said...

The salad sounds so yummy! And I love the smores idea! I think that would be a great gift for the nephews and nieces!
Gina