Monday, February 28, 2011

{Planting}

The sun is shining and I am getting anxious to start some seeds.  Our predicted last frost date for this area is May 17-23.  It is a bit to early for me to start my seeds.  I have been going through my seeds to see what will be needed for this summers garden.  In a couple of weeks there will be some plants that can be started.

It may not be time to start planting seeds for the garden, but there is a different kind of seed that I can be planting.  What kind of seeds am I planting for the future?  If I am living for the Lord I am planting an example for my children, grandchildren and others who know me.  These are the most important seeds for me to be planting.

In Psalms 1 it tells us that if we delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night, we shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season.   Psalms 92:12-15 tells us that the righteous shall flourish like the palm tree and those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.  They shall bring forth fruit in old age.

When I read Psalms 92:15  To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him...this is the seeds that I want to be planting in my life for my family and friends to see.

Enjoying the sun today and my grandsons. 

Please pray for our neighbors daughter, they are expecting their fifth child and having many complications.  Saturday night she was admitted to the hospital because her water broke.  If the baby comes at this time the doctors feel it can not survive.  God is in control.

1 comment:

Farming On Faith said...

Oh Spring just has to be on its way.