Monday, April 12, 2010

Making Crackers


I made crackers for the first time today. Used a recipe from Peter Reinhart's book, Artisan Breads Every Day. I first learned about this book from Gina at Home Joys, she has been baking her way through this book and posting reviews. After reading her reviews I thought this was a book that I would like. Loaned it from our library first just to take a look at it and really liked it. My book came this weekend. The crackers are Crispy Rye and Seed Crackers. They are very good, easy to make, and full of good things for you. Excited to try more of the recipes from this book, like the soft pretzels yum!

Last week was busy starting with Easter, our aniversary, our daughters birthday, and the grandsons spent three nights with us. Did find time to transplant some of my seedlings, have a few more that will be ready soon to get into bigger posts. I love this time of year with garden work starting, flowers coming up and soon be blossoming, and spring rains. Waiting to see if we get the thunderstorm they have said is a possibility this afternoon, hope so!

Need to get my scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven for supper, still using leftover Easter ham.

Forgot to mention that I made the Maple Scones, from Mennonite Girls Can Cook, this weekend. Made the batter up on Saturday night and baked them Sunday morning for breakfast, they are very good, I did not put the glaze on them and added some raisins. Will be making these again.

No comments: