Friday, July 11, 2014

Enjoying Summer


I have been enjoying the summer days!  The garden is coming along great, will soon be into the canning and freezing...so until then I have been having a little fun in my sewing room.


A sweet little tag blanket for a friend, I enjoy making these,they are fast and easy.


Lots of tags for baby, her nursery is a jungle theme.


This pattern is called Taco Salad.


A veggie Taco Salad in the works.

                                            
 While visiting a dear friend the two of us went to a quilt shop in her town and saw these cute panels with the recipes on them.  She had extra of all of the material that is in between and around them, that she shared with me.  Needs to have the backing and binding yet, every time I use this it will be a reminder of the friendship that Connie and I have shared for almost 25 years.

I have been wanting to make the sausage roll pillow cases and finally looked on you tube to see how they are done.  They were so much fun to make, all of the grandkids will be getting them for Christmas this year!



Made mug rugs for a friend that I will be visiting next week.

This summer seems to be flying by, but it has been relaxing and fun.  

I am thankful that the Lord gave me a job where I can spend my summer days at home!

Looking forward to our daughter coming home tonight for some of her dad's home made pizza, and spending the night and tomorrow with us.  Always so fun to have her home.

Have a great weekend!

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

~Cheryl~ 


1 comment:

Pam said...

What a fun and inspiring post Cheryl. I really have been longing to get my sew machine out… I have a few projects I want to get done, but have been so behind on everything since my Mom passed away. I would love to make some of those pillow cases for my grand kids as well; good idea. I love your quilts and the baby tag blanket. It is nice to have some ideas for gifts. What did you make the recipe panels into?
The mug rugs are adorable. So glad you got to enjoy a little moment with your daughter home. Love that your hubby made pizza… my hubby is a good breakfast maker which I love.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,Pam