Thursday, July 10, 2014

Daisys and a quilt shop


The month of June we did not have a chance to get to our house that is for sale up north.  Well we finally made it up.  This is what part of our yard looked like. Daises everywhere,  I kind of hated to see DH cut them down.


While my sweet husband cut and trimmed the grass I went to a quilt shop about 15 miles from the house just into Michigan.   It was a fun time to look around and found a couple of pieces for a quilt that I needed.

Jeri's Quilt Patch
 
 
These two guys greet you when you go up stairs.



Realized that I did not get a picture of any of the fabric, there are four rooms with material.
She has a lot of demos and also sells a few neat items.


I have seen this quilt at other shops, it is on my wish list...maybe some day!!

Also celebrated a special little granddaughters birthday.


Our first celebration since the adoption. She had to slip her new dress on over her clothes and get her picture taken :0)  I love that smile!  God is so good these children went through some very ruff times but now they have a loving christian mom and dad and the bad times are behind them.

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3

~Cheryl~

2 comments:

Pam said...

Your grand daughter has a beautiful smile. Adoption is the Lord's heart... its wonderful to see the happy result of Christians reaching out to encircle children who so greatly need help and love.

I love the daisies too and would hate to see them mowed down.. but understand about cleaning and trimming everything up... gotta do it. The quilt shop sounds like fun. The vintage pictures in your favorite quilt are adorable.

Have a great week.
Blessings,
Pam

Pam said...

Hi Cheryl,
I left you a response to your question on my blog comments… I thought it was a good question some one else might have. Love that you made a table runner out of the panels… I think that would be really
cute.
Blessings,
Pam