Monday, June 30, 2014

Garden


With the rains that we have gotten this past week the garden has really grown.  It won't be long before we will have cucumbers, beans, zucchini... and I can't wait!  We have been enjoying lettuce, onions, and radishes.





I am trying my sweet potatoes in big containers this year.  Have two of them so will see how it goes.

It looks like it will be a good year for the raspberries.

This morning before breakfast I went out and put straw around the cucumbers, potatoes, and tomatoes.  
When I came in enjoyed a tasty strawberry smoothie!

It is nice to have some fresh flowers in the house again.  This is a little bouquet that I picked for the kitchen table.


One of the roses on my mini rosebush this morning.  It started to sprinkle just as I was finishing up in the garden.

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works.
Psalm 9:1 

~Cheryl~

1 comment:

Pam said...

Cheryl,
Your garden is just so beautiful. I could look and look at it. We are still suffering drought and the grasshoppers are worse than last year (and last year was terrible)…. My hubby is working on some screened in beds for me, but even before he can get the screen part finished, they have wiped out many of our veggies and flowers. My flower beds are gone. Our neighbor has planted his garden twice this year, and it is all gone. It is sad to see. So if you don't mind I think I will just stay here and look at yours and sigh. Your flowers are so lovely as well. Thanks for posting it all. Love your scripture.
Blessings,
Pam