Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We're Having A Snow Day!


I am enjoying being home today, got the call last night at around 9pm that school was cancelled for today.  I get as excited as the kids do about snow days;)  It is very pretty outside the snow is coming down and everything is white again.  As the day goes the temperatures are suppose to start dropping and the winds will pick up.


You can't see the snow falling very good on this picture, but it is.  Good day for staying indoors and doing some baking and sewing.  I put supper in the crock pot this morning, it is a recipe that I found the other day while redoing my recipe files.  

I had to change things up a little as didn't have some of the ingredients.  First you put chunky apple sauce in the bottom of the crock pot,  didn't have any but did have a few apples that I cooked up instead.  Next a layer of peeled chopped sweet potatoes, and one tablespoon of brown sugar sprinkled over them.

 
On top of this layer you either lay pork chops or like me if you don't have any you can use a pork roast.  Then either use a can of the whole berry cranberry sauce or make some cranberry sauce and spoon over the pork roast.


I did brown the roast first, cook on low for about 8 hours.  Looks good, will see tonight if it will be a keeper.

Next on today's schedule is deciding what sewing project to start on, have a couple of ideas.  Hope you are enjoying your day.  I definitely am going to enjoy my Snow Day!  

~Cheryl~


 

No comments: