Friday, August 17, 2012

Cleaning stove grates


I love Ammonia.
We brought the grates from the gas stove in our house up north home with us so I could clean them.  It looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time.  This is one of the better looking ones!


Not sure where I first heard about using ammonia, before using it I would use sos pads, cleaners, anything that I could think of to try and scrub them off.  Mine here at home get the worst during canning.  To use ammonia I put each grate in a zip lock back with about 1/2 cup of ammonia and let sit over night.   The next day just put them in warm soapy water and scrub off.  These grates did take a little bit of scrubbing, but most of it just washed right off.


Much better!  Some of the paint has wore off from use, but the grime is gone!  We will be going back up to the house again this weekend as soon as my DH gets home from work.  Slowly getting it back in shape.

The Amish store that my first batch of peaches came from called and they had a new order in to replace the bad peaches we got.  So thankful, now we have peaches for this winter and some fresh ones to eat.  They are very good this time.  Froze three more packages of broccoli yesterday, the plants are producing so many side shoots.  This is my first year of having good broccoli plants, last year they didn't get any heads on them.  Lots of cream of broccoli soup.

Enjoy your weekend!  
~Cheryl~ 

1 comment:

StaceyJeannette said...

Great tip about the ammonia, I'll have to give it a try! I love broccoli soup. :)