Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's The Weekend!


It was a busy week, on Thursday I officially started my job as a Special Education Aide (I have been subbing for them for the past six weeks).  Interviewed last Wednesday and was hired.  It is different being gone everyday, but I really enjoy working with the kids.  I do not have to be to work until 7:45 and get done at 3:00 so that gives me time in the morning to do some cleaning or baking.  Getting time to do some things in the morning makes me feel like I am not gone from home so long.  It has been an adjustment, but I know that the Lord provided this job for me.

  This week I froze some of our cabbages.  We don't have a real good place to store cabbage for the winter, and it was so easy to freeze it.  Will be using it in soups and a skillet supper that we like.


Sliced the cabbage into thin strips, blanched for 2 minutes and put in ice water.  Drained and packed into quart freezer bags.  Have 6 more to do this week.

Doing some baking today for this coming week. 

APPLE MUFFINS


In mixing bowl put;
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar


Cream together
next mix in the following ingredients
1/3c. butter milk
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt


Peel and chop up 2 large apples (used Wolf River) and 3/4 c. walnuts.  Mix with a little flour.
Fold into the above ingredients.


Place into greased muffin tins.


 Bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 minutes or until done.


Sprinkle top with sugar if you like.

Also made chocolate cupcakes.


Have help eating the cupcakes this weekend, our grandsons are spending the night.  This morning we went out for breakfast, grandpa had to work, so I had some special time with the boys.  Tomorrow after church will be watching the Packers/Vikings game,  GO PACKERS!  It can get a little loud as we not only have cheering for the Packers, but also have one that cheers for the Vikings.

Great night for a camp fire!


With help the fire got started.


Then to the apple tree to get some sticks for roasting the Hot Dogs.


Supper will be ready soon!
 
  Enjoy your weekend!
~Cheryl~




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your apple muffins look really good. I will have to try them this week.

Is this the first year you have froze cabbage? I have wondered if you could freeze it. I haven't grown as much as I can't store it over the winter.

Have a wonderful evening.

~Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Cheryl, this is the first time that I have frozen it to use in hot dishes. I freeze a coleslaw that turns out very good. That was one of the reasons I am giving it a try this year.

~Cheryl~