Thursday, September 8, 2011

Green & Gold


Packer Season 
Has Started!

The nights have been cooler, football has started, and my garden is starting to whined down.  Yesterday my DH pulled out some of the finished garden plants and hauled them to the compost and started putting grass clippings on the finished areas of the garden. We have potatoes and onions to get in yet and just a few tomatoes left to ripen on the plants.  I have 25 pounds of tomatoes in the freezer and about 1 ~1/2 bushel in the garage ripening. Planing on making salsa, tomato sauce, and another batch of spaghetti sauce.  That will finish up the garden for me this year.  
September is national sewing month!
I spent most of today in my sewing room, was so nice.  It has been awhile since I have done this much sewing at one time.  My PT may have something to say about it at therapy tomorrow!  So I will try to take it easy tomorrow and not over do my shoulder again. 

While DH watches the PACKERS I am going to catch up on some blogs!

Joyfully,
~Cheryl~

No comments: