Saturday, August 13, 2011

Organizing the Pantry


Finally got at organizing and cleaning out my pantries.
 One of the things that I have done in the past was to have a slip of paper taped to the door to try and keep track of what was in the pantry.  This never seemed to work for me (got to messy, erasing and rewriting) so now the door has a new dry erase board on it.  Think this will work much better.  I wanted to be able to see what we have and what is needed when sales come up.  The pantry has gotten low on supplies, the plan is to have it restocked before winter.


Also decided to add some lace to the shelves.



This pantry has my flour, wheat berries and sugar,  plus a few other items.  Used a dry erase board here also.
Having the pantries cleaned and organized makes it so much easier to keep track of what we have and need.  I like using the pails for things like rice, beans, flour, sugar, cornmeal, and oatmeal.

Stop on over to Homestead Revival and check out what other people are doing.  You will find some great ideas.  I have enjoyed following the Challenges .


~Cheryl~


1 comment:

Lace up and Walk said...

Using a white board for your inventory is a great idea!