Some places where just starting to change.
There were trees from full color, to just starting, to being done already.
The colors across the lake didn't show up in the picture, it was so pretty.
A little Baptist church that we go by. Someday I want to attend a service here.
We are praying for a quick sell for our house. This was an unexpected turn in events for us. I am so thankful that our Lord holds all of the details in his hands.
My daughter gave me this cookbook, it has so many fun recipes in it. Made a batch of cookies yesterday from this book. Only 622 more recipes to try!
Oatmeal s'mores Cookies
1/2 c. soft butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1~ 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1~1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1c. chocolate chips
1c. miniature marshmallows
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt: gradually add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Stir in oats, chips and marshmallows.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and cool. (they can be a little hard to get off the pans, marshmallows tend to stick)
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
Turkey Barley Soup
adapted from Simply in Season
8 c. chicken or turkey broth
1~1/2 c. carrots chopped
1c. celery chopped
1/2 c. barley
1 small onion
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. each poultry seasoning, ground sage
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
2c. chopped cooked turkey
Combine in a large pot. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Was very good. Forgot to take a picture.
Will be going to make my apple cider at the Amish farm this afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures.