Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finished projects & baking

This past week I have been working on some projects, and actually finished a couple of them.  Also have a couple more that I am still working on.  The first project that was finished is a wall hanging that was started last Christmas for my daughter.  Thought it was about time to get it done so she can use it this year.  It wasn't even anything difficult, just kept putting it off.


Tammy saw this panel in the quilt shop in town and like it.  

At the Shop Hop I bought the Lil' Twister and finally got around to making something with it.



  On Saturday we were going to visit some friends and wanted to take her a little something.  She also quilts, so I took along the Lil' Twister so she could give it a try.  She had fun and wanted to get one, so we went to her local quilt shop and they were out.  


The Christmas runner I made to take to my friend.


Working on a fall one for myself.  Having fun with this little template.  It looks like so much piecing, but all you are doing is sewing together squares, cutting them apart, and resewing them.


The egg whites are at room temperature so it is time to get going on a couple of Angel Food Cakes.  One of my husbands favorite cakes.  Now I need to find a recipe for all those egg yolks!
Canned up the apple cider this morning ended up with 17~1/2 quarts.

2 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Doesn't it make you feel good to get some of those UFO's finished?
The Snowman Wallhanging is adorable! And those Lil' Twister's are so cute!
Using the egg whites for Angel Food cake is wonderful, but one never knows what to do with all those yolks! :~O When you find a great recipe, let me know, would you please! ;~P

Sandra said...

I've never even heard of the lil Twisters! I want one now!