Monday, September 13, 2010

Celebrating Grandparents Day

We had a great weekend!  Our grandsons spent the night on Saturday, that is always fun.  We had to save our Friday night pizza for Saturday night for them.  It is funny how kids can make little traditions for you.  They like to have grandpa's pizza, malts, chocolate cake, and caramel corn at sometime when they are here.  They went to church with us on Sunday morning then they were all here for Sunday dinner.  Always so nice to spend the day with family.



 
Yesterday was also special for us as we joined the church that we have been attending now for almost a year.  I get a little nervous when I have to stand in front of people and give my testimony, but it was a blessing.  I am so thankful for parents who took us to church and we heard the gospel preached every Sunday.  I realized at the age of eight that I needed the Lord as my Savior.  It is always such a blessing for me to listen to my husbands testimony.  He grew up in a home that was completely different than mine.  On the night that he proposed to me, he asked Jesus into his heart.  He always says that he received two gifts that night, eternal life and his wife.  It is good to be part of a church that holds strong to what the Bible teaches and won't change what it believes just to go along with this world.   We thank the Lord for leading us to this church, it truly has become a family to us.

This week there is some canning to do and working out side cleaning up the garden and flower beds.  Perfect fall weather for being out.  What are your plans this week?





1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a sweet husband to say that he got two gifts that night! The entire post is a good one; I'm glad you found a church where you feel so blessed.