Yesterday went with an Amish neighbor to Bethany Berry Patch in our area. The berries were beautiful! It was so much fun picking. I ended up with about 36 pounds.
The berries were nice and big it didn't take long to fill up your buckets. I plan on keeping some for fresh, making freezer jam, and freezing the rest for shortcakes this winter. We always have strawberry shortcake on Christmas Eve, a tradition that my mom started, now I carry it on for the family.
My breakfast, strawberries with a few Cheerios!
I made this dessert for Fathers Day
Crust: 2 cups pretzels crushed
2/3 cup butter~melted
3 T. sugar
- Mix crust ingredients together and put in a 9x13 pan
- Bake in 350F oven for about 15m.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
8 cups strawberries~sliced
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 T. corn starch
2 small packages strawberry jello
- Pour sliced berries over pretzel crust
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a sauce pan, add water.
- Bring to boil and cook until it turns clear and starts to thicken~stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in jello.
- Pour over strawberries.
- Put in refrigerator until it sets up.
Have a great day!