Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today my mom will be celebrating her fifteenth birthday in heaven. I am very thankful for the mother that God gave me. She was a Godly example in what a mother and wife should be. My mom never worked outside of the home, she took care of the house and helped my dad on the farm. I always enjoyed coming home and knowing that mom would be there. I learned much by watching her as I was growing up. She is greatly missed, but has left us with so many wonderful memories.

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe on His gentle breast,
There by His love o'er shaded,
Sweetly my soul shall rest.
Hark! tis the voice of angels,
Borne in a song to me,
Over the fields of glory,
Over the jasper sea...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

What a blessing that you had a mom like that!