Thursday, February 4, 2010

Noodle Making

We had Chicken Noodle Soup the other night with homemade noodles.
Sorry not sure what happened to this picture.
I finally got a thickness down for the noodles that we like in soup. Before I have always run the dough through all of the settings and they were just to thin for soup to our liking. This time only went to number three, much better.


The recipe that I have been using is just the basic one that came with my pasta machine~ 3 eggs 2-1/2 cups flour and a pinch of salt. Would love to hear if someone has a recipe that they like for making whole wheat noodles!


We enjoyed the soup!
Serving left overs tonight.


5 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Just have to say that it looks yummy! I've never made noodles from scratch before.

The imPerfect Housewife said...

One of these days.... I've always wanted to try it and with this weather, that's the perfect indoor activity! I'll let you know but I'm excited for you and it looks DELISH! ♥

Sandra said...

I make all our noodles. The recipe I use is 1/2 c white flour, 2-1/2 c whole wheat flour, 4 eggs, 2 TBS olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 c water. Put both flours in bowl(except for 1 c) and add salt. Then in a measuring cup put the water and eggs, then add the oil. Mix together and then put on floured surface using the rest of the flour and knead until you get a soft dough. I have that same pasta maker and we too found the pasta was too thin. We made ours on #4. I don't know if this happened to you or not, but the first time I made soup noodles, I cooked them fresh, and they were great, but the next day for leftovers they were soggy. The next time I let them hang for half the day and the next day they were perfect. Now I do that every time. We love the wheat pasta. We never liked the store bought wheat though, but the homemade is better than the white, hands down!

Farming On Faith said...

I just received one of these machines for a gift. I have not tried it yet but I think you just inspired me.
I am going to try this!
Yum~
Thanks for sharing!
Carrie

Gina said...

Here I thought I was the only one who made homemade pasta. I don't do it often but we LOVE it!

Thanks for sharing the tips!
Gina