Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CIC#6 & Paper Garden Challenges

CIC#6 challenge this week was to use black, red, white, and you could use pink also. The card was made from mostly paper that was in my stash, and the stamp was one of those that I picked up at a craft store once. The bookmark is out of white card stock that I stamped pink hearts on then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The sentiment is from stamping up, which is put on with some pop ups and I added a button (the button is from a dress that I made for my DD when she was little) a ribbon is added at the top.

Paper Garden Friday Fun Challenge was "Pulling on your heart strings." This challenge was to make a valentine card or project using ribbon and if you add buttons they will enter you twice in the drawing. My red paper is from one of my Paper Garden Kits. Hoping these pictures show up better, used my daughters camera, she showed me how to put the lenses on and gave me a quick lesson in operating it. At least enough so I can take some pictures with it.




This card is just a fun extra card that I made. I had seen the advertisement on tv for Disney World where the person opens up the envelope and the balloons come out, so I decided to try and make a card that looked like hearts were coming out when the envelope was opened. Used an envelope from a thank you card as my temp plate to make this envelope. The hearts, rose, and love were cut on my Cricut, also used my Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing folder on a couple of the hearts. It was fun to see what could be created using the Cricut. My first try making a card that didn't use any stamps. Had fun making it.

My DH had to ghost our computer this weekend so today I am getting some of my information back in to my bookmarks. At least now the computer is working like it should. It seemed strange to have the computer down.

We had a couple of inches of snow last night now it is nice and white out again. Looks like it is snowing again!

Making chicken noodle soup for supper, need to get going on making the noodles and some corn bread. Have a good day!

7 comments:

Tricia T said...

Your cards are great, Cheryl!! I love them both!! I love the sentiment stamp on the top one. I don't remember that one! And the envelope popping open is fantastic!!

stampinganja said...

Both of your cards are very nice!
I enjoy visiting your blog, the cards and the recipes.
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Sandra said...

Those look very good. I don't have the patience to make cards. I like to sew something because you can make something really big in a short amount of time. But my oldest daughter has a lot of stamping and paper stuff and we do occassionaly make them.

K. Joy said...

I love both of your cards, Mrs. Larson! Especially the hearts coming out of the envelope. :)
Oh, thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Shawna said...

Love your cards! And I have to ask ----- is the banner on your blog a view from your house? Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, the picture is the view from my kitchen window, we live in a very small village, our street is the last street before you are out of the village limits, so we have a farmers hay field behind us. Some times we can see his cows in the distance.

Kevin Renz said...

Great card! Love that silhouette stamp too. Thanks for playing along with us at Clearly Inspired!