Monday, October 12, 2009

Welcome to my kitchen! The kitchen has always been a special place to me, it's were the meals are planned and cooked, then shared with family and friends. It is also a place where people gather just to visit over a cup of coffee or tea. Today when I look out the kitchen window I am greeted with beautiful snow flakes, I know it's early and don't want it to stay for the winter, but it is pretty to enjoy for the time.


It will be a busy week in my kitchen, there is applesauce to make and freeze, last of the tomatoes to can, along with some pumpkins to get baked and put in the freezer for pies and breads.

Today I was able to have our two grandsons here for a few hours while their mom was at an appointment. It is always fun to have them. We went to the cheese store, where grandma treated them to an ice cream cone. I did my shopping for our cheese for the month. I like being able to get fresh local cheese.

Supper is simmering on the stove, it is a perfect day for chili and cornbread along with pumpkin bars.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Joyfully,
Cheryl

No comments: