Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Flu

The flu has come to our house! My DH is home sick today. I am seeing to it that he gets a lot of rest and fluids. I have a pot of Russian Tea simmering on the stove, it is high in vitamin C. A friend told me about this tea about a year ago, she makes it every fall and gives it to her family to help fight off colds and the flu. It tastes very good and is good for you.

Russian Tea
8c. water
5 tea bags
3/4 c. honey
12 oz. orange juice
6oz. pineapple juice
1 tsp. cloves
Put water and tea in a kettle and bring to a simmer, simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
Enjoy hot or cold

Have a roast in the oven that I will make B-B-Q Beef sandwiches out of for supper along with home made french fries and beets. My hamburger bun dough is rising on the stove.

O taste and see that the Lord is good;

Have a great day!

No comments: